But, we must move along with our days and get back into somewhat of a routine. I took a quick look at my goals I posted for 2011, and well, I didn't get many of them done, only 47%, but I did do a lot of other things that weren't on the list!
· DIY curtains for Office/Craft Room
· Frame Diplomas
· DIY Bedspread in master
· Find and refinish bedside tables for master
· DIY skirting for crib
· Put shelves in nursery and master closet
· DIY something to the fan for the nursery
· Install above mentioned fan in nursery
· Refinish a buffet piece for downstairs
· Keep the aforementioned vegetable garden alive…long enough to harvest its fruits!
· Scrapbook our 2008 Europe trip (pictures have been printed for over a year now)
· Cook at least one new meal a week (A lot of new ones, but not every week)
We did do a lot of traveling and celebrating with friends this year. Here's a quick synopsis:
Snowmageddon (wasn't that what we were calling it?!)
Neal and I had our 25th birthdays
Celebrated 6 Parker family birthdays
Nephew #4, Damon August was born
Day trip to Helen, Ga
Neal travelled to Croatia for 10 days
Amelia and I travelled to Savannah
Day trip to Chatanooga for wedding of Louisville friends
Amelia's first Easter in her handmade, forgotten buttons in the back, dress
Travelled to Athens for a welcome party for Damon August
Celebrated 125 years of Coca-Cola at Centennial Park downtown Atlanta
First Mother's day!
Overtnight trip to Montgomery for Air Force OTS graduation
Little sister's high school graduation party
First Father's day!
Sharon's going-away party at our house
Amelia's first plane ride
Travelled to Washington, DC to celebrate Independence Day
Travelled to Athens for Nephew #1's 2nd birthday
Neal travelled to West Virginia for one night to help move his sister
Travelled to Savannah & Statesboro for Anderson family reunion
Travelled to St. George Island for a week beach vacation
Mini highschool reunion
Overnight trip to West Virginia for Sharon's White Coat Ceremony
Travelled to Boone, NC for Labor Day weekend
Went to 6 Flags for the first time in about 8 years! (and Neal lost his keys and broke his phone :( )
My first overnight trip away from Amelia
Amelia Bedelia book signing
Travelled to Savannah for weekend
2 year house anniversary
In-laws in town from Israel for the month
Lots of friends over for dinner
AMELIA JANE TURNS ONE!!
Amelia's first visit to the zoo (and it was free! Check out your library for details)
Found out we were expecting Baby #2!
Joined the neighborhood BOD for the HOA
GT vs. VT Game (we lost and it was freezing :( )
Thanksgiving at our house
Thanksgiving at in-law's house
Ran a 5k
Christmas shopping trips
3 Christmas celebrations
New Years eve party with friends
Neal home for a whole week!
So, it was a whirlwind year, and I'm sure 2012 is going to keep marching right along. I should really sit down and figure out how many miles we travelled out of town! But in the mean time, I wanted to just jot down some simple goals for 2012, just so I can look back in another year and see part of what I did do.
- Clean out and move the office into the guest room before Baby #2 comes
- Paint Baby #2's room
- Twin beds in Amelia's room
- Build toy storage
- Plant the vegetable garden that I've spent several hours planning and researching
- Again, keep the vegetable garden alive!
- Cook one new meal every other week
- Go to the grocery store more than once a month
- Do better with coupons (currently, I can save about 30%)
- Keep bathrooms cleaner
- And the floors vacuumed
- Blinds on the windows
- Complete the year-long Bible reading plan
- Scrapbook 2008 Europe trip!!!
- Take just as many pictures of Baby #2 as I did of Amelia
- Have Baby #2
- Blog more about the meals and projects completed
OK, I think that's enough for now! I may add some things as I think of them though.
Happy 2012 everyone!