Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Delicious Dinner

So, Neal calls right at 5:00 and says he is coming home early. GREAT! Oh, wait, we have nothing to eat for dinner! I knew I had 2 pork chops in the freezer, but hello, they were FROZEN! So, I ran down real quick to thaw them out in some hot water. Neal isn't the biggest fan of pork, and we already had pork once this week, so I knew he wasn't going to be all that thrilled with the choice. So, I had to make it fantastic. I grabbed a bit of honey, some brown sugar and half of a left-over apple. I reduced the honey and brown sugar then put the apples in. Browned the pork chops on really low heat so that they wouldn't cook quickly and loose their moistness. I put the pork chops in a baking dish and covered them with the honey/sugar/apple mixture and put in the oven for 20 minutes. I was just crossing my fingers when I put it all on the table! Well, THESE WERE THE BEST PORK CHOPS I'VE EVER EVER EVER TASTED!!! And they were SO moist! Not too bad for "winging" it!

No comments: